General Data Protection Regulation
Lydd Aero Club is committed to protecting your privacy and personal data that you provide to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. We understand that nobody wants to have their information misused or sold and how important it is for us to protect it.
Third Party Data
Information We Collect
There are different methods on how and when we collect your personal information. Personal Identifiable Information (PII) is defined as any information which on its own, or when merged with other information, allows an individual to be identified. For example, this can be your name, telephone number or address.
We collect your information when you do any of the below:
- Sign up for membership of the Club.
- Place an order on our website, by telephone or in person at the Club.
- Make an enquiry regarding our products or services.
- Upload an image, comment or review.
- Correspond with us, whether by phone, letter, email, social media or chat facility.
- Fill out any forms on any of our websites
NOTE: When you browse our website no information is collected by our website through the use of “cookies”. This does not cover any information collected by third-party sites or content or applications that may link to, or be accessible from or on, our website. and cookie settings can be changed in your browser settings.
Complete any forms relating to accidents or incidents for Health and Safety and Insurance purposes.
The personal information that we may then collect includes:
- Email address
- Phone/ mobile number
- Password (although we currently have no password protected areas accessible to members or the public).
- Records of your contact with us for example logs of correspondence interactions pre and post-sale or membership.
Our website is not marketed and does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from, children under the age of 16. If you believe that we may have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please let us know immediately and we will delete the information
How We Use Your Information
Lydd Aero Club uses the personal information that we collect about you or that you provide to us for the following reasons:
- To process and maintain records of membership.
- To process and maintain sales invoices
- To answer your questions or provide you with requested information
- To keep you up to date with Club information
- To process and dispatch your sales invoices (if you are not present at the Club at the time of invoice preparation).
- To send you occasional emails for your information.
- To set up and maintain your account (if you open one).
- To respond to your correspondence and customer service queries
- For management and auditing of our business operations including accounting
- To contact you.
- To notify you about any important changes to our services or website.
- To comply with any legal or regulatory obligations
- Accessing Your Information & Updates – Your Rights
Below is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. If you wish for further information or explanation regarding your rights please contact us.
The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information.
The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed.
The right to object to processing of your personal information.
The right to restrict processing of your personal information.
The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”).
The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it.
The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”).
The right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests.
The right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws.
If your personal information changes we would ask that you tell us so we can update your records. You can do this by letter or our published email address.
Legal Grounds for Data Processing
We will rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
- Performance of a contract – Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
- Providing you with a tailored quote or prices (where applicable) for our services.
- Managing orders that you have with us which includes products and services Updating your records once an order has been placed
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
- To provide you with information regarding our products and services.
- For management and audit of our business operations including accounting.
- To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff.
- To comply with Legal Obligations such as:
- Where we need to share your personal information with people or organisations in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations
- Withdrawing Consent and Opting Out
- If you choose to opt in to receiving communication from us and change your mind and wish to opt out you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us via the contact details below. When we receive notification that you wish to withdraw consent or change your preferences we will do this as soon as reasonably possible.
Retention of Personal Information and Why
Unless otherwise explained we will hold your personal information based on the following reasons:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing your orders, purchases and managing our operations.
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
- If you have not placed a purchase or order with us we will only retain your information for a limited period in order to respond to your query, provide you with the information you require or to send you updates on our products and services for as long as you indicate that you are happy for us to do so.
- Security is very important to us. Your membership and sales data is retained on a standalone computer system which is not networked not connected to the internet.
- Disclosing your data / Information sharing
Lydd Aero Club does not sell your personal information to third parties.
- Lydd Aero Club will never make your personal details available to other companies for their own marketing purposes.
- We may use other companies to provide services to you on our behalf. These services may include but are limited to answering your questions about products or services. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the service we have engaged them for and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- We may have to disclose your information by law or because a court or the police or other law enforcement agency has asked us for it.
- Your personal information is not transferred or disclosed outside of the UK or the EEA.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our websites.
Concerns and Contact Details
Officer for Data Protection
Lydd Aero Club
or email: email@example.com heading your email “General Data Protection Enquiry”